Sunday 30 March 2014

Don't you just LOVE a good movie?

As a media writing and production student I'm addicted (as I'm sure you'd imagine) to Films, Tv and Writing.

There are a LOT of good films and tv shows coming out this year, and I am highly anticipating a lot of them. I'm going to talk about some of the ones I can't wait to grab my popcorn and watch and why. I'm also going to link you to some amazing trailers, so get comfy, grab a snack and prepare to fall completely in love.

If you want more information just click the names of films/ actors/ actresses to be taken straight to their IMDB.

Divergent:-



Divergent is a sci-fi, action, thriller that tells the story of female lead Tris (Shailene Woodley). She lives in a world divided into fractions based on your virtues, when Tris's test comes back inconclusive she discovers she is a 'divergent' and won't fit in to any of the factions.Discovering that there is a plot underway to kill all the divergents Tris with the help of  four (Theo James) must discover why being a divergent is so dangerous

I can not contain my excitement for this wonderful story, which will be coming to UK cinemas on 04/04/2014. If any of my American readers have been lucky enough to see this already, please comment and tell me that it's amazing and wonderful and does the books justice ok? This is a film adaptation of the book Divergent written by Veronica Roth.

Rated at a Pg-13 this film is a must see. Rated 7.6 on imdb.com

Recommended for fans of : The Hunger Games, The Perks Of Being A Wall Flower and The Great Gatsby

Watch the trailer.

Maleficent

Maleficent is an action, adventure drama telling the unknown story of Sleeping Beauty's villain Maleficent (Angelina Jolie). In this tale we will see the events unfold that turn Maleficent's heart cold and lead to her cursing poor baby Aurora (Elle Fanning), only to learn later, that Aurora might be the key to peace in the land.

Ok, ok, I'm going to try and stop squealing now. HOW INCREDIBLY EXCITING IS THIS. I think deep inside every single one of us is a Disney loving softie, now that doesn't mean your still not a bad ass, you are, but who could not be excited by this? It's a disney Villain, it's Angelina Jolie AND as is that was enough of a sell, Lana Del Ray is performing Once Upon A Dream on the soundtrack. This masterpiece is coming to UK screens on 28/05/2014 (finally we're getting a film before America). Ok, you can freak with excitement now.

Rated PG.

Recommended for fans of : Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and The Huntsman, Beowulf and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

watch the trailer.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

This fantasy, action adventure follows Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) as the X-Men send him back in time to stop a catastrophic event, that would kill both humans and mutants, from happening.  

I won't lie, half of me is so excited to see this and the other half of me is a bit worried that they can't keep making the X-Men movies, eventually there going to get old and boring. I will be tuning in to see this however when it land in UK cinemas on 22/05/2014. I've got my fingers crossed that this will be epic, what do you guys think? Will this sink or swim?

There is no classification for this film yet.

Recommended for fans of: X-men, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, Man Of Steel, The Dark Knight.

Watch the trailer.

 The Amazing Spider-Man 2

 This fantasy, action adventure centers around Peter Parker ( Andrew Garfield) as the mysterious company Oscorp send various assailants after him, impacting heavily on his everyday life.

I won't lie I love the Spider-Man movies, all of them. I loved Tobey Maguire and I love Andrew Garfield. I expect nothing less than sublime perfection from this movie, I mean c'mon its SPIDER-MAN. If that isn't enough of an allure Emma Stone would be enough to drive me in to the cinema on 18/04/2014 when it's released in the UK. How perfect can one woman be?

Rated PG-13

Recommended for fans of: The Mummy, Hellboy, Pirates of The Caribbean, and Lord of The Rings.

Watch the trailer.

 Transformers: Age of Extinction

A sci-fi, action adventure that spins the tale of Tessa (Nicola Peltz) and her father (Mark Wahlberg) as they have the eyes of decepticons, autobots, and the government trained upon them after an important discovery.

I know, I know we miss Shia and Megan. I am beside myself over the fact that they're aren't in this film, why? Because I'm not going to be able to stop my decepticon loving behind going to the  cinema to see this when it's released in the UK on 10/07/14. These lovable little car robot things will still have me obsessing in 10 years if they're still making these fabulous films!

This film hasn't been classified yet.

Recommended for fans of: Transformers, Avatar, Real Steel, Cowboys and Aliens and I Am Number Four

Watch the trailer

The Maze Runner

A sci-fi, action, thriller about Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) and a group of friends who find themselves in a huge maze infested with deadly creatures, with no memories of their past lives. 

This is another one of those posts when I'm trying desperately not to squeal, but that's because of the lead actor IT'S DYLAN O'BRIEN. Bajsdbojwhebfhbef, is it even humanly possible to not go and see a film starring him? How someone could resist is far beyond me. I'll be first in the que on 24/10/2014 when this piece of cinematic magic arrives in my local UK cinema. if you don't know who Dylan O'Brien is go and see this film and discover him, if you do know who he is, go and see this film and stare at his amazingness. This is tied for my most anticipated film of the year.

This does not yet have a classification.

Recommended for fans of:  I Am Number Four, Babylon AD, The Hunger Games, and A Fault In Our Star.

Watch the trailer.

The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part One

This action, adventure drama centres on Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) as she reluctantly becomes the mocking jay, a rebellious symbol waging a war against the capitol.

SHE WILL BE BACK, MY KATNISS. YEY YEY YEY. I don't understand how anyone can not love this series. This is based on the ever wonderful novels by Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games series. I can't wait to see this film, I'm going to go to the cinema the day before and watch the first two films, then watch the newest film at midnight as it turns 21/11/2014. My most anticipated film of the year. I love love love this series. Team Peeta.

This film is not yet classified.

Recommended to fans of: The Hunger Games Catching Fire, Harry Potter and of course anyone who loves good literature.







8 comments:

  1. I REALLY WANNA SEE DIVERGENT
    It looks so bleeding amazing!!

    Oh, I have a giveaway at the moment! Would love you to enter. Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so so good! I do have a weak spot for shailene woodley aswell though tbh, I can not wait to see this!

      Oh I'll have a look thank you!!

      Delete
  2. I cannot contain my excitement for the hunger games mocking jay part one. I loved the books and I've loved both films so far.

    I heard divergent is similar to the hunger games too so I might give that a watch at the cinema :)

    Looking forward to spider man too! Ohhhh so many good films out this year :)

    Sammeh x
    Http://www.oddsandsodz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunger Games books are a pure work of art. I am obsessed, I'm going to be fan girling everywhere! I don't think I'm emotionally prepared for all the character deaths though! The books had be sobbing!!

      Divergent is quite similair it's the same theme of segregation within the land and an uprising!

      This is THE best year for films so far! I can't wait, I was mega excited for the Veronica Mars movie as well when it came out last month I was practically hyperventilating!

      Dominique x

      Delete
  3. Oh Divergent! And Four!!!! Happiness! peacockbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely cannot wait for the new X-men! I'm a bit of a fan girl when it comes to Hugh Jackman/Wolverine too, so I'm anticipating that it will be amazing. Too many incredible movies coming out in 2014, my bank balance is definitely going to suffer with all the cinema trips. :)

    Jaye x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can;t say I would blame you! No-one else could enhabit that role as spectacularly as he does. I can not wait to see this movie!

      Dominique xx

      Delete